The Council of the Association is committed to providing strong and effective leadership to the Association in an environment of professionalism, accountability and fairness.
Members of your Council are:
- Ms. Shelley Bell – President
- Ms. Peggy Holland – Vice President
- Ms. Rae Ann Stewart – Registrar
- Ms. Rebecca MacLure – Secretary-Treasurer
- Ms. Amy Matthews – Council Member
- Ms. Krista MacLeod – Council Member
- Ms. Patti-Jo McInnis – Council Member
- Ms. Tina MacAulay – Council Member
- Ms. Emily Cooper – Council Member
- Ms. Sherri Runighan – Executive Director
The Prince Edward Island Hairdressers’ Association is incorporated under the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island. The Association receives its authority from the Hairdressers’ Act. The Association was incorporated in 1959 and has faithfully served the hairdressing profession since that time. The primary areas of responsible are: licensing of hairdressers, inspection of salons, and promotion of the hairdressing profession.
The Association is directed by a nine (9) person Council. Eight (8) Council members are elected by the members of the Association and one (1) Council member is appointed by the Provincial Government. The Council is accountable to the membership of the Association and annually reports to the membership of their activities and stewardship during the previous fiscal year. The fiscal year-end is August 31st.
Our current membership totals eight hundred twenty five (825) individuals and two hundred thirty eight (238) salons. This web site will provide you details on licensing, Act and By-Laws, member bulletin board, training schools, Council news, current events and happenings. We anticipate you will find this site informative, user friendly, and current. If we do not meet your expectation, please advise us.